Any home exterior can appear dirty and dull over time, thanks to constant weather changes. But did you know you can achieve a spotless look on the surface of your home if you use an effective pressure washer? Just like your car needs thorough vehicle cleaning services, your house also needs a refreshing scrub once in a while. This article will show you how to remove dirt and stains from your walls using an effective pressure washer. First things first, you need to be safe when cleaning the exterior walls, and this is how you can do it:
How to Safely Use a Pressure Washer When Cleaning Your House
While you want to achieve spotlessly clean walls, your first goal should be safety. General safety guidelines include the following:
- Stand on a stable surface to achieve solid footing and a proper balance.
- Wear protective eyeglasses to ensure falling particles don’t damage your eyes.
- Use hearing protection when using gas-powered pressure washing machines, as they tend to be very loud.
- If your pressure washer is gasoline-powered, direct the carbon-monoxide-containing fumes away from the windows, doors, and vents.
- Don’t touch an electrical pressure washer with bare hands, and keep all its connections on dry surfaces away from the ground.
- Don’t be absent-minded when using a pressure washing machine. Take short breaks in-between washing to rejuvenate your mind if you are tired.
How to Spotlessly Clean Your House Using an Effective Pressure Washing Machine
The following are easy steps to guide you in achieving a spotlessly clean exterior:
- First, read the instructions on your power washer’s manual to confirm if it is suited to perform the job. Also, learn how to set up the washer to achieve the required spray pattern, mainly if you have never used it before for wall cleaning.
- Second, prepare the work area by removing obstacles that may snag the hoses or cause you to fall. Also, switch off electricity connected to external fixtures or outlets, and close all the doors and windows.
- The third step is to test the high-pressure spray on a barely noticeable surface to ensure it’s in the right setting, avoiding damaging your walls.
- Then, use a detergent suitable for high-pressure washers and apply it using a low-pressure pattern. Disengage the detergent supply from the pressure washer once done. Let the detergent sit for a few minutes to loosen the dirt and grime off the walls, but don’t let it dry.
- The sixth step is to use the spray to release any leftover detergent in the machine.
- Finally, rinse the work area by working in small sections, starting from the top and working in downward motions.
- Repeat the process on all the walls for a spotless home exterior.
There you go, you have achieved a clean home by following the above simple yet effective process. Remember that safety comes first, and you need to implement proper safety measures before starting the pressure washing process. Set the pressure washer to the right setting and use the correct cleaning procedure to achieve the spotless look, including the correct type of detergent.